Bid Strategy Development and Support
- Global team working across all regions with deep industry expertise and contacts
- Exclusive global database access which offers cost and time effective market intelligence specifically for the MICE industry
- Sales process establishment including associated technology selection and implementation
- Development of comprehensive strategies, including competitive multi-city competitive bid analysis and recommendations
- Bid process management support, including Staff training and development to build knowledge and expertise on bid strategy and the bid management process.
- Creation of bid documentation, from templates through to bid response and quality assurance
Ambassador & Local Host Development Programme
- Ambassador Programme establishment. Including: selection criteria, recruitment and retention strategy, programme benefits and management process
- Programme design, planning and facilitation; ambassador on- boarding, workshop and other core activity facilitation
- Advice on future Ambassador Program seminar content & presentations.
Business Events Branding Advice
- Stakeholder engagement – broad support for the new approach
- Support and market insights on your brand through our global experience and reach
- Clear instructions to your creative agency or in-house creative team for brand development and treatments and applications for advertising, media and collateral materials
- Support to your creative agency and/or in-house marketing team
Development of City Business Events Strategy
- Government & industry stakeholder input
- Competitive analyses
- Priority industries and markets
- Long term goals, KPI and strategic roadmaps
- Previous CVB assessments
Subvention Programme (Financial & Non-Financial Subsidy)
- Appropriate and effective model
- Clear outcomes / ROI for subsidies
- Business case for meaningful funds
- Appropriate level of consistency
- Leverage global best practice
Industry Partnership Programme
- Comprehensive city-wide product review
- Introductory workshop with the city’s leading suppliers.
- Client Forum of select high potential international buyers to gain customer feedback on product and presentation.
- Clients would participate in post-tours during which suppliers could showcase their products.
- Product Development Workshops with the CVB and suppliers to refine the product offerings and presentations, and development of an innovative new product.
In-Market Sales Representation
Project Brief: Jordan Meetings and Conferences Ambassadors
The Jordan Tourism Board – JTB has launched its Business Events blue print for the years 2015 – 2019, and one key activity within this plan is to establish a “Jordan Meetings and Conferences Ambassador “ Programme.
GainingEdge developed a Plan for the implementation of this Ambassador Programme which included devising a communications plan to engage its prospective ambassadors, curating appropriate communication materials and collaterals, and designing a training programme for JTB staff and the potential ambassadors.
Starting with a stakeholders workshop, onsite meetings and interviews, GainingEdge acquired first-hand understanding of the gaps and opportunities that exist within Jordan’s conventions industry. With these insights, GainingEdge was able to propose a model size and structure for Jordan’s Ambassador programme. In cooperation with JTB, the proposed roles and achievement targets of these ambassadors were discussed and agreed. Finally, GainingEdge proposed a selection of activities and communication messages that would be managed by the JTB.
On June 30th 2015, the Jordan Meetings and Conferences Ambassador Programme was announced. Over 50 potential meeting ambassadors attended JTB’s training seminar “Capitalizing on Exceptional Jordanians to Achieve Enhanced Tourism and Economic Growth Through the Meetings Industry”.
Project Brief: Building Seoul’s Bid Pipeline
Seoul is doing very well as an international meetings destination and holding its position in the world’s Top 5 cities in the International Meetings Statistics report by the Union of International Associations (UIA). In 2015, its ranking was improved to become 3rd in the world.
In order to ensure that Seoul can maintain their rankings as one of the world’s most popular destinations for meetings and events, the bureau will need to have a steady supply of bids to work on. With this in mind, the Seoul Convention Bureau approached GainingEdge to develop international association convention leads for its sales team.
GainingEdge researched and provided a list of Top 100 Association Congresses for Seoul to nurture with the aim to convert into bid opportunities. These leads will support Seoul Convention Bureau’s pipeline for development and conversion and ultimately define the bureau’s role as the ‘bid factory’ for the city. Intelligence gathered on these leads include the anticipated open year; critical deadlines; hosting criteria; hotel and venue requirements; decision making process and key considerations for selection. These leads have open years of between 2017 and 2023.
Note: GainingEdge has provided similar lead development services for Serbia, Daegu, Yokohama and Macao. For each destination, the targets are discussed and customised in-line with the destination’s strengths, preferred groups size and profile, and bureau’s priorities.