Performs professional sales management activities to generate and convert international convention sales leads for the benefit of Luxembourg. The incumbent exercises initiative, independent judgement in the performance of sales tasks and project management with consultation with CEO.
Reports to: CEO of Luxembourg Convention Bureau G.I.E.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively source and generate sales leads on forthcoming international conventions.
- Assist with the generation and qualification of sales leads for future business events.
- Meet sales targets in accordance with Luxembourg Convention Bureau goals and objectives.
- Plan and conduct sales activities including promotions, tradeshow attendances and presentations.
- Organize sales missions / visits to meeting planners, decision makers and PCOs in key cities / markets in Europe.
- Work with Business Development staff to help secure local host for association bids as necessary.
- Develop, implement and manage bid strategies and activities including:
- Set up and liaise with bid committee
- Secure local industry and government support
- Produce bid documents and support materials
- Liaise with industry to secure facility packages and quotations
- Do lobbying and promotion toward decision makers
- Facilitate & escort site inspections
- Prepare and conduct bid presentations
- Maintain accurate sales records on CRM database system including client contact details, event profiles, follow up traces and correspondence. Maintain and keep up to date bid files on CRM system.
- Prepare and deliver handover briefs on events secured for the servicing team, keeping accurate records of commitments made to clients during the bid and sales process. Introduce clients to servicing team during handover phase.
- Provide assistance and input into the sales and marketing plan, as required by the CEO.
- Monitor sales performance and prepare regular sales reports as required.
- Maintain close liaison with MICE industry, Luxembourg for Tourism, government departments and clients during the sales process.
- Gather and record market intelligence and competitive information appropriate to specific bids.
- Send sales leads to industry partners and coordinate their responses to clients.
- Keep up to date with Luxembourg’s MICE products and services through industry product presentations, sites, research and meetings.
- Respond to international convention sales enquiries relating to RFPs and bids.
- Provide support for convention bureau activities, and other MICE related activities, as directed by the CEO.
- Assume any other task as directed by the CEO.
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Degree in sales and marketing in tourism, events or hospitality or equivalent.
- Knowledge and expertise within the MICE industry and of Luxembourg’s MICE products and services.
- At least five years experience in a sales management or business development role, preferably within the MICE / hotel / convention centre industry.
- Knowledge and experience with the association market would be beneficial.
- Superior communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- High level organisational and project management skills.
- Computer literacy in all Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Power Point and CRM database experience.
- the position is a permanent (CDI), full-time position
- the position is commensurate with salary scale and benefits package at a level found in similar positions with the Grand Duchy
For further information, please contact: https://gainingedge.com/category/news/jobs/
Please submit your application letter and CV before 20 February 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org