To support the sales effort of Luxembourg Convention Bureau through data maintenance and sales research and ensure a constant supply of future convention bid prospects. The applicant will need to be research and sales driven.
Performs professional sales support activities to generate and convert business events (meetings, conventions, incentives and exhibitions) sales leads for the benefit of Luxembourg.
In addition, performs professional sales management activities to generate and convert corporate meeting and incentive sales leads.
Reports to:CEO of Luxembourg Convention Bureau G.I.E.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Source, research, qualify and prioritise new business leads using available research tools such as:
- Telephone research
- Database research and analysis e.g. ICCA, UIA
- Internet and other media
- Conduct project research into key industry sectors with a view to generating sales leads and potential local hosts for regional and international conventions.
- Prepare account, contact and event profiles on the CRM database system; set key follow up dates using tasks.
- Prepare event bid briefs for handover to sales team.
- Provide input into the development and execution of business development strategies and plans.
- Maintain and update business development data on CRM system.
- Co-ordinate arrangements for business development events and presentations. e.g. local host and association events.
- Prepare data for specific business development reports.
- Report regularly on key business development activities and events, providing details of outputs.
- Meet business development goals as outlined in the business development plan.
- Respond to any sales data related queries either internal or external.
- Provide support to Sales Managers for sales activities and programs.
- Provide sales support for bid activity conducted by sales team
- Assist with the generation and qualification of sales leads from tradeshows and promotions.
- Arrange and coordinate client site inspections and familiarisations in liaison with sales managers and clients.
- Arrange and coordinate sales promotions for the sales team including sales calls, tradeshow sales appointments and sales missions.
- Assist with the generation and qualification of sales leads for future business events.
- Meet sales targets in accordance with Luxembourg Convention Bureau goals and objectives.
- Plan and conduct sales activities including promotions, tradeshow attendances and presentations.
- Develop, implement and manage strategies to secure corporate meetings and incentives, including:
- Product development programs to create new products and packages.
- Development and implementation of incentive & corporate meetings support program.
- Maintain accurate sales records on CRM database system including client contact details, event profiles, follow up traces and correspondence.
- Prepare and deliver regular sales and activity reports as required.
- Provide assistance and input into the sales and marketing plan, as required by the CEO.
- Provide support for convention bureau activities and other MICE related activities as directed by the CEO.
- Assume certain office management responsibilities as directed by the CEO.
- Assume any other task as directed by the CEO.
Skills and Competency Requirements
- Degree in sales & marketing or equivalent.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Sales ability.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and time manage activities.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum 3 years sales and/or business development experience within the business events and/or hospitality industry.
- Computer literacy in all Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Power Point and CRM database experience.
- the position is a permanent (CDI), full-time position
- the position is commensurate with salary scale and benefits package at a level found in similar positions with the Grand Duchy
For further information please visit: https://gainingedge.com/category/news/jobs/
Please your application letter and CV before 20 February 2019to email@example.com